Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day



Here is it -February 14th -Valentines Day. I got up after Steve and Jacob left for work and school, and found a dozen roses (in a vase), a box of chocolate covered cheeries, and a card. Tonight I will give Steve his card and the little gift I got him. This gift isn't so much a "real" gift -its Dilbert pens from Target dollar spot. He likes Dilbert comic strip, so thought he might like these pens. We don't use Valentines (or our Anniversary) as a time to lavish each other with gifts -because we love to give each other little gifts throught the year. I know alot say Valentines is just another "Hallmark" holiday. For us -its just a fun little holiday.


Tonight we will do a fun little Vday party with the kids -not much -just dinner, dessert and the opening of their Vday cards they got. I am on a Homemaking group, and we did Valentines Day exchange -so the kids got cards they can open. Jacob, of course, will have alot more stuff cause of school. It will be nice for Nathan to have his own cards seeing he is not in school yet. I can't wait to take pictures of the kids opening their cards, so I can use the loads of Vday scrapbook supplies I am hoarding....ha ha!!

PS -the picture is of Cupid Corn. I found it at Michaels craft store. They are soooooooo good! I have already eaten 2 packages of it. YUM!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds fun! Hope you had a good one!

Kate said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day! :)

Come visit my blog - I've tagged you!