Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy 2nd Day of the New Year


I made this blog over 2 years ago. Well life got busy and I totally forgot about my blog. Recently I decided I wanted to give blogging another try. I found my old blog, deleted the old posts, and decided to start FRESH!! New Year -Fresh New Start!


This week we made a gingerbread house. Its the first one that Steve and I (and of course, the kids) have ever made. Steve decided he wanted to make one and I tried to get him to buy a kit, but he said no. Steve really wanted to try to make one from scratch. He read over the Joy of Cooking book (he calls that the Cooking "bible") to see how to make the dough and construct the house. He cut out his templates from cereal boxes and constructed it , to see how it would look. Then he used those templates to cut out the dough. It was alot of work to put together, but lots of fun too. Yes, those are Candy Land pieces in the front. I felt the house wasn't complete without people out front and Steve thought Candy Land pieces was perfect!


3 comments:

Kate said...

OMG! That gingerbread house is FABULOUS! So much cuter than those kits!

Happy New Year to you Mary!

Melanie said...

YEA! Mary you did it...blogging again. I do love the house, so much better than ours.

Happy 2008!

Conibaer said...

Happy new year!
It´s a great idea to start your blog again!
That gingerbread-house is so cute! And it looks yummy! :D